Criteria for Eligibility
A grade 6 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE).
He / She must:
- have a final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student’s report card. If the student’s grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the batch;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- be born on or after August 1, 2005;
- have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2018 – 2019);
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously; and
- preferably, be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.
- Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
- Two (2) identical recent 1×1 ID pictures
- Non-refundable test fee (Php 100 for private schools, free for public schools)
- Certified true copy of report card (SY 2018 – 2019) by the class adviser / principal
- If the final grades in Science or Math are below 85%, certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the batch
Only one test will be administered, a scholastic aptitude test (known as National Competitive Examination) which is designed to measure Scientific Ability, Quantitative Ability, Abstract Reasoning, and Verbal Aptitude. The NCE will be administered on October 19, 2019.
The PSHS NCE Application Form and the accompanying material are not for sale, may be photocopied, and may be downloaded through this link. No reservation fee is required.
Application forms are also available and may be filed at any of the following: PSHS campuses, DOST Regional offices, or Provincial Science and Technology Offices. Application forms with incomplete information will not be processed. Erasures, alterations, and insertions must be initialed by the applicant.
The Examination Permit/s will be issued to the applicants upon completion of all documents by the campus where the application was processed. For applications filed with DOST agencies, the exam permits will be mailed to the applicant, or to the School Principal for distribution to its applicant/s.
In case the exam permits are not received two (2) weeks before the examination day, the applicants should check with the nearest PSHS campus, DOST Regional Office, DOST Provincial Science and Technology Office, or the PSHS System Admissions Office.
- Free tuition fee
- Free loan of textbooks
- Monthly stipend
- Uniform, transportation and living allowances for low income groups
- Dormitory accommodation (if applicable)